Monday, August 31, 2009

21 months!

Just 3 short months away from the big #2! Lots of people guess I'm 2 and a half already...must be my big belly! If Jonah doesn't eat all his lunch I'm right there ready and willing to finish it off for him! Especially his crusts. Jonah never eats the crust on his sandwiches, but I can't just let good food go to waste!
My vocabulary has sky rocketed the past few weeks. A couple of my favorite phrases are, "no I had it first" and "give back it's mine". Hmmmm, wonder where I picked those up from? I've been working very hard on leaving the house "hands free"...that means I don't get to take everything I can grab out the door! It was hard at first and I threw a few fits, but now I can proudly say I can do it! Speaking of going out, I love to point out fire trucks, mail trucks, big trucks, garbage trucks, and school buses!
I'm a great sleeper, 2 hour naps and 12-13 hours at night. I love Mama to read to me and rock me to sleep. Sometimes I can coerce her to climb in my crib with me and rub my belly! Who can resist right? I don't give dad the same perks yet. When he puts me down he asks if he can rub my belly or rock me and I politely point to the door and tell him to go.
When I don't get what I want I like to furrow my brow, fold my arms and stick my little lower lip out. Sometimes I even stomp away and put myself in timeout. It's not having the effect I was going for though...will have to think of something different!

No comments: